Terms & Conditions
Terms of Engagement
- Cancellation made within 6hrs of booking start: 50 % of Booking Fee
- Cancellation made within 60min of booking time: 75% of the Booking Fee
- Cancellation made after booking start: No Refund
Note: (Cancellation refund will be done through the original payment method within 7- 10 working days)
Reschedule before start:
- Modifications made more than 6hrs before booking start: ₹ 50
- Modifications made within 6-2 hrs of booking start: ₹ 50 or 10% of the booking (which so ever is greater)
- Modification made within 2-1 hrs of booking start: ₹ 100 or 20% of the booking (which so ever is greater)
Extension post start:
- The extended period will be billed at 1.4X of the hourly fee.
Shortening post start:
- No refunds would be provided in this case.
- 2Wheeler First 2 hour of delay would be charged at ₹ 150 + hourly rates
- Bicycle First 2 hour of delay would be charged at ₹ 150 + hourly rates
Responsibility for Payment:
- Payments by Riders shall be made with his/her credit card, debit card, E-wallets or cash. The Rider is under obligation to ensure that the account from which the amounts are to be collected have sufficient funds or credit available to cover any charges. Rider is solely responsible for any associated bank or credit card charges or fees. Rider may be charged a processing fee for a declined credit or debit card payment.
- In the event the Rider defaults on any payments, taycabs is entitled to charge reminder fees and default interest in accordance with the provisions of the law. In addition, taycabs may utilize third parties to collect amounts owed to taycabs by a Rider.
- With all fees mentioned above, taycabs reserves the right to prohibit a Rider from making a subsequent reservation until all outstanding fees in the Rider’s account have been paid in full. In the event a fee is incurred, Riders will receive an invoice from taycabs that will have detailed payment instructions.
Collision or other incident:
- Taycabs provides full wrap unlimited third party liability insurance without a maximum cap.
- If Rider is involved in an unintentional/non consequential incident/accident (including but not limited to a collision or misuse of the vehicle) Rider will be responsible for a standard insurance deductible payment of up to ₹ 10,000. The Rider will be obligated to pay the repair cost up to ₹ 10000. The payment owed will be deducted from the security deposit, if any. Should the security deposit not cover the payment (in the case the Rider has accrued late return, excess km, etc charges) the balance of the payment owed shall be payable by the Rider separately as an additional outstanding.
- Rider will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges associated with a collision.
- Rider will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by Rider failure.
- Taycabs will be responsible for all towing and impounding charges caused by vehicle failure.
- Rider will be responsible for all applicable damages and costs, including those in excess of the applicable Damage Fee, arising from the Rider’s failure to comply with the terms of the Agreement and/or a violation of the law.
- Riders are responsible for paying all tolls at the time they are due.
Bike rental service (“Service”).
• Prior to receiving possession of the Vehicle, you shall be required to provide the following documents to Taycabs
• Valid driving license to ride a motor-cycle with/without gear, depending on the Vehicle proposed to be hired, in India;
• Copies of address Proof such as passport/Adhaar Card/Voter ID etc.and finger-prints which shall be obtained by Taycabs staff at the time of Vehicle pick-up/drop-off.
• In the event the documentation provided by a User is fake or invalid, the same would attract a penalty as detailed under clause 7.
PICK-UP AND RETURN OF THE VEHICLE
• The User is required to pick up the Vehicle at the bike station indicated at the time of booking. The User acknowledges that the actual colour, model and number of the Vehicle may vary from that indicated in the booking, however, a similar vehicle shall be provided. The User further acknowledges that due to maintenance activity, delayed return of the Vehicle or similar exigencies, the availability of the Vehicle to the User may be delayed. However, the Vehicle or a similar alternative shall be made available within [___1____] hour(s).
• Prior to taking possession of the Vehicle, the User is advised to do a brief inspection and the vehicle, so as to point out any defect that may materially affect the usage of the Vehicle. In the event no such damage or defect is pointed out to the Taycabs staff at the time of taking possession, such damage shall be deemed to have been caused during the time the Vehicle was in your possession, and you shall be liable to pay fees towards damage or other applicable fees, and Taycabs reserves the right to suspend, or terminate your membership.Any scratches beyond one (1) millimetre in width and/or depth and two (2) centimetre in length shall be considered as “damage” for the purpose of this clause, in addition to any other visible or invisible defect, or any defect that affects the normal usage of the Vehicle.
• Should you become aware of any damage or defect subsequent to taking possession that prevents the normal usage of the Vehicle, you shall intimate Taycabs of the same immediately. Similarly, in the event of theft or damage to the Vehicle by a third party, you shall intimate Taycabs immediately.
• You shall return the Vehicle, its key and any other driving accessories provided at the relevant bike station upon the reservation period ending in the same condition as when you took possession, barring usual wear and tear, which shall be at the discretion of Taycabs. In the event the Vehicle is returned past the reservation period, you shall be liable to pay late fees as described in the Fee Policy.
• Upon return, a quality control (QC) report shall be prepared which shall be handed over to the User upon return of the Vehicle. Based on damage (if any) as found in the QC report, adjustments shall be made against the security deposit, and a refund (if any) shall be processed within five (5) working days.
USE OF THE VEHICLE AND CONDUCT
• The User warrants that he/she shall use the Vehicle in accordance with all applicable laws including the Motor Vehicles Act, 1988 and all rules framed thereunder, and shall not use the Vehicle for, or carry out while using the Vehicle, any illegal or unlawful activities.
• The User shall be responsible for all charges and costs incurred with respect to the Vehicle for the entire period of the reservation and until the Vehicle is returned in a manner acceptable to Taycabs.
• The User agrees and acknowledges that Taycabs prohibits the use of the Vehicle in the following manner:
• with more than two (2) people on the Vehicle;
• seating or accommodating pets on the Vehicle;
• under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs or other banned substances or consuming tobacco or tobacco products on the Vehicle;
• For or in any kinds of race, contest or competitions, or stunts;
• tampering with, disassembling or in any way altering the Vehicle or any of its parts without prior authorisation from Taycabs on a need basis;
• uncommon usage, irresponsible riding methods, over stressing and mishandling the motorcycles causing excessive wear of the vehicle parts and undue damage;
• to carry unlawful/ hazardous or prohibited material;
• using the incorrect fuel for the Vehicle;
• Commercial usage of any type deriving financial benefits
• Attaching any external structures to our motorcycles causing damage to the vehicle or other vehicles/human beings/animals coming in contact with it;
• any other inappropriate use of the Vehicle.
• In the event of any traffic violation by you while using or involving the Vehicle and/or your driving license you shall notify Taycabs of the same immediately. You acknowledge that you shall be liable to pay all fines/penalties associated with such traffic violation (including parking, speeding, riding without a helmet, cutting signals etc.), and Taycabs shall have no responsibility with respect to the same.
• The rental of the Vehicle is a right specific to the User, and cannot be transferred or granted to any third party. In the event the Vehicle is operated by any third party, the same shall amount to a Penalty Event.
ACCIDENTS AND BREAKDOWNS
• You understand that while Taycabs ensures that all its Vehicles are maintained in the best manner, owing to the nature and amount of use, they may be prone to faults and breakdowns in rare situations. these vehicles are susceptible to breakdown once in a while owing to many uncontrollable situations.All breakdowns or incidents involving a Vehicle must be intimated to Taycabs immediately, and we shall ensure a mechanic or other professional is assigned to rectify such defect, or a replacement is provided to you.
• In the event of an accident leading to the damage of the Vehicle or any damage or injury to a third party and/or vehicle, you must immediately inform Taycabs and i) fill out an official police report form;ii) provide an accident report to Taycabs in the manner prescribed; and iii) provide the following information to Taycabs:
• Date, time, and place of accident;
• The license plate numbers of any other vehicles involved;
• The names, addresses, and driver’s license numbers of the persons involved in the accident, or the name, address, and driver’s license number of the owner of the vehicle (if he or she is not the driver);
• The name, addresses, and phone number of witnesses, passengers, and any other involved persons, where possible.
• Circumstances of the accident.
• The User shall be responsible for the costs related to the repair, recovery, and loss of use of any Vehicle resulting from any such accident, to the extent that insurance cover does not provide for the same.The User agrees and acknowledges that he/she shall be wholly responsible for all damages and costs arising from his/her failure to comply with theseTerms.
• In the event of breach of any of the provisions of this Agreement, the User shall be liable to make good the damage caused to the Vehicle(s) and/or Taycabs due to such breach. In the event of a breach of the provisions of Clause 5, where the breach has criminal consequences, Taycabs reserves the right to initiate appropriate criminal proceedings against the User, and where there are no criminal consequences with respect to such breach, Taycabs shall be at liberty to levy such penalty as decided under the Fee Policy.
• Despite any provisions of law to the contrary, you agree and acknowledge that any claim, theft, damages, liabilities that may arise during the possession of the Vehicle by you, and any penalty or fine levied due to, or arising out of your possession and/or usage of the Vehicle shall be your own responsibility, and you shall make good the same.
• Despite any provisions of law to the contrary, youshalldefend, indemnify, and hold Taycabs and its officers, directors, agents, employees, and consultants harmless for damages, liabilities, claims, losses, costs, demands, suits, actions, and reasonable expenses (including attorneys’ fees and settlement costs) arising out of or related to any suits or claims by a third party brought against Taycabs regarding any actions or inactions alleged or arising out of the use or possession of the Vehicle by you.
• Taycabs may terminate these Terms, or your access to the Services in the event of a breach of any of the provisions of these Terms by you, with or without prior notice. Taycabs may also stop providing the Services to you, or all users when it is no longer practicable or feasible to do so. Otherwise applicable sections of the Terms shall survive termination. In addition to any termination rights, we reserve the right to enforce and prosecute any violations of these Terms.
• This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of India, and the courts of Manipur shall have exclusive jurisdiction with respect to any dispute arising hereunder.